EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOLUNTEERING AT ST. CHRIS
The history of volunteerism at St. Christopher is extraordinary, and differentiates our community from most other schools and parishes in the area. It is also what builds ties and close friendships within our community, relationships that will support you through the inevitable challenges we all experience in life. Many parishioners and future parents work their first volunteer shift at St. Chris during a Festival, and there is no better way to get involved in our community and have a blast doing it!
Thank you so much to the volunteers involved in this year’s festival, and particularly those on the Festival Leadership Team running each respective booth and function of the Festival, for the thousands of hours you collectively give to make this event a reality!
If you are looking to get involved at this year’s Festival, please click on the link below which will take you to iVolunteer, the site we use to organize and track every volunteer shift for the Festival:
St. Christopher Catholic School is required to comply with the Diocese of San Jose’s Volunteer Requirement Policy prior to signing up for any hours. All volunteers must meet BOTH of the following criteria to be allowed to volunteer. There are NO exceptions.
1. Shield the Vulnerable Course Completion
All Volunteers must complete "Course 706-Protect Children" at www.shieldthevulnerable.org. A certificate of completion must be printed, turned in and kept on file in the school office. This certificate will need to be updated every 3 years.
All Volunteers must be fingerprinted through St. Christopher School’s preferred vendor Verify Group www.verifygroup.com on behalf of St. Christopher School and Diocese of San Jose. Clearance can take up to 3 weeks raising funds for our School and Parish. This only needs to be completed one time.
To Get Fingerprinting Done: Go to Verify Group,
262 E Hamilton Ave. Suite A, Campbell Call 408-761-2156 for Hours and Appointments
How a new volunteer signs up for the first time:
iVolunteer tracks hours worked by email address, be sure to use a valid, frequently checked email address
1. When volunteering for the first time, visit www.stchris.ivolunteer.com.
2. From there, choose where you would like to volunteer: School, Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, Parish, Ladies’ Guild and Holy Name Society each have their own separate pages for events.
3. Once you find an event that works for you, click on the blue “volunteer” box.
4. Add your email address, first and last name and any additional information required (maybe a phone number, number in your family, etc.)
5. Once your information is entered, click the volunteer box on the bottom right and you will see a confirmation screen, just click ok and you’re almost done!
6. You will receive a confirmation email within 10 minutes, be sure to confirm your slot. This is the final step and must be completed.